HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:35:36 EST
In a message dated 3/27/03 8:57:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> No, it is about removing a threat to this country, the rest of the world,
> liberating oppressed people...

and...

In a message dated 3/28/03 7:57:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> This war is about bringing freedom to oppressed and subjugated
> humans. That is Peace.

I can see how we are 'liberating' them.  Right there on page 1 of today's LA
Times as well as USA Today.  In the nice BIG color photo on USA Today's cover
you can even see the blood that drained out of the guy.  I am sure that he is
so glad to be 'liberated'.  I am sure that is family is glad as well.  I am
so proud of out troops!  This is I believe the bus load of Iraqis who were
reported as being armed with a total of 2 pistols and massacred by the USMC.

It is true that these Iraqis are no longer "oppressed and subjugated humans"
- now they are just dead meat.  How many more are we going to 'liberate' in
this fashion?

Somebody please help me understand - just who are we 'liberating"???? It
doesn't seem to me that it is the Iraqi people.

Aside from all that, how are we doing on getting those nasty Arabic news
organizations to stop showing picture of dead Americans?  Glad that the US
news never does the reverse!

In other news... for a near first-hand account of collateral damage and
liberated Iraqis please see:

http://argument.independent.co.uk/commentators/story.jsp?story=391165

Caution: quite bloody!

Wayne (trying to self-restrict myself to only 1 OT: posting per day)