HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Tom Lang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:47:23 -0600
 Instead of 'stop'ping and 'start'ing try:
NSCONTROL UPDATE=ALL;NET=lanname (whatever name you have setup in NMMGR)

This will 're-connect' any 'lost/hung' connections.

Kindest Regards,
Tom Lang.

"John Clogg" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> You may have hit the upper limit on the number of VT sessions allowed,
thus causing the system to refuse further connections.
> Enter the command:
> NSCONTROL STATUS=SUMMARY
> And look at the MIN, MAX and ACTIVE values for VTSERVER.  If the number of
active servers is at the max, you can't make any new connections.  The max
can be adjusted by entering NSCONTROL SERVER=VTSERVER,0,1000 which sets the
minimum and maximum number of servers at zero and 1,000, respectively.