HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Bruce Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:23:43 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roy Brown"
> How about if 'OT' was limited to, say, 10 of those posts per day? And not
> putting OT on an OT posting got you moderated for, say, the next 14 days?
>
> I know some people here might be in danger of *bursting* if we did that,
but
> it would at least teach 'em to use 'OT'   :-)

I don't mind the original OT posts so much as the responses that go back and
forth and eventually degrade into name calling between a few posters on
opposite sides that drag on for days.

The most recent example is "A sobering answer".

Maybe we could try limiting ourselves to one on-list response to any off
topic post. As soon as you find yourself responding to somebody who was
responding to your response you should consider responding to that person
off list.