HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Connie Sellitto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sellitto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:22:00 -0500
Hello Listers,
We have both an internal DDS2 drive and an external DDS3 drive on our
937.  The DDS3 is normally used for daily backups, but with DDS2
tapes. (We had an abundance of them when we purchased the newer
drive).
Time has come to buy more tapes, and my question is this:
Will DDS3 tapes work in the older DDS2 drive?  I don't at this time
need the additional capacity of the DDS3 tape, but might in the
future, so my inclination is to get the DDS3 tapes.

Thanks in advance for your input,
Connie
--
cs/CFA