HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:11:30 EST
In a message dated 3/22/03 3:12:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I always had the impression that the Open Source philosophy is
> more a matter of contributing than demanding something from someone
> else

I'm not 'demanding' - just suggesting that we be more pro-active in asking
that the GCC people make use of the changes that I understand Mark has made
available to them as well as asking them to continue to consider MPE as a
viable target implementation for GCC.

I am beginning to suspect that at least in some cases, it is hard to get code
contributed to an open source project.  You have to somehow convince the
people controlling the project that your codes changes are worth including.
In the open source world, the is rarely a profit incentive for them to accept
your changes so how else to get the changes made besides asking?

Wayne