HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
joe andress <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
joe andress <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:14:01 -0600
The military bases that you mention; are allowed by the current govenments
of those countries.  If the local people are so opposed to those bases, then
they should interact with their government to have the bases removed.

Can you think of a better way than rather than a smaller group of
individuals to dictate their desires over the larger group?

Have you investigated how much the military bases contribute to the local
business? I would sense that if that base is closed, the local business will
suffer a lot more for the majority than the few who want the base closes. I
sometimes wonder if those who want it closed are even local people.

To the HP3000-L

Do member of this group what this thread to continue. I sorta gathered from
earlier comments, that the general thought was "NO". Perhaps I was wrong.