HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:23:07 EST
In a message dated 3/25/03 7:43:08 PM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Just FYI, the dust inside the power supply probably contributed to its early
> demise.  It is a good idea to get a couple of cans of
> compressed air and clean out the fans and power supplies every once in a
> while.

The compressed air cans work but to really do a good job on blowing out
computer equipment, you need to use an air compressor and strip the covers
off of the equipment.  We run our air compressor at 100 PSI.  Note that you
want to do the blasting OUTSIDE!  Otherwise you will get the dust all over
where ever you are working.  This is especially important with printers as
you get paper dust, excess toner, etc. building up inside the equipment.

I try and give our in-office equipment a blow out once a year or so.  Good to
do that whenever a system is powered down for some other reason.

Wayne Boyer