HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Phil Yantis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Yantis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:27:33 -0500
<famebait>
Tired of "user" conferences that seem to be organised more by bobble-head
yes-men going uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh to the company line than true users?
Tired of keystone cop antics towards journalists who might actually support
the users?
</flamebait> Hee, Hee, Hee

You might want to spend your money on Gnomedex instead of In***ex!

http://www.gnomedex.com/
Chris Pirillo, "On July 25th and 26th, we're doing it again – Gnomedex 3.0:
Fellowship of the Geeks! Once again in downtown Des Moines, Iowa, Gnomedex
3.0 will bring together geeks for a two-day conference - with one geek to
rule them all! Saturday, July 26th is my birthday, so don't plan on going
home until Sunday. What is this? A weekend-long geek-a-thon! For the past
two years, Gnomedexers have represented a wide range of professions. In
2002, about 500 attendees made the trek to Iowa: IT professionals, software
developers, various company owners / managers, and technology enthusiasts.
Despite their varied backgrounds, Gnomedex attendees have always shared a
common link - the love for technology and the quest for more knowledge.
Admission: $99.00 per person. Ticket price includes Friday and Saturday
sessions and lunch both days. Information on speakers, conference events,
hotel and airline discounts will be available soon... ".

Sounds almost like my fond memories of SCRUG and BARUG!