HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:00:48 -0800
Tracy wrote
> > Sounds like EV has become as volatile a subject as political leanings!
> > Well, so be it:
> >
> > I personally prefer the "Sec(uh,right!)3000" threadhead :-)
> >
> > I personally prefer FW's Image product to every EV product, and I can't
> > think of a better way to describe the inherent dis/qualities in each as
> > evidence of "instinct".
> >
> > Not being able to define that, tThe tangible difference I've always
> > seen is that EV always knows he's right, while FW keeps on wondering.
> > Easy choice for me.

FW replies
> Thanks for the kind words. EV & FW were great friends and, as
> far as I'm concerned, still are.
> The subject of this OT suggests that there is some kind of
> conflict. If there is, it's not between EV & FW.
> FW

I didn't really mean to be kind (and felt like I'd been rude as I released
the Send key), so much as I meant to bolster the idea behind the "instinct"
"argument" which was tendered and belittled.

I certainly didn't mean to suggest any FW vs EV conflict, and don't think I
did; I think you made that up to get your name in the paper again.

Tracy Pierce