HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:42:14 -0500
When I configured a 997 box with a model 20 disc array it was nice when a
disc failed.  I was able to hot swap it out with out going down.

BUT......
with just 1 disc array you create a bottle-neck, you have just 1 pipeline
for data to use.  This gets ugly when you do lots of OLT and batch jobs at
the same time.

also.
when I hot swapped the bad disc, system performance crept along until the
new disc caught up with it's mirrored disc.

Just a couple of things to consider.