HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Alfredo Rego
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:02:27 -0700
At 12:40 PM -0500 3/23/03, Dennis Hassell wrote:

>... I do appeal to those who like
>the so-called Off Topic postings to establish a new list for themselves.
>This list was named HP3000-L to attract people with that interest. To
>use the list for other completely unrelated topics is a disservice to
>those who signed up for the 3000 content.
>
>I liken it to SPAM - Spurious Prolific Anti-productive Mail - I didn't
>request it, it's of no real value to me, and I don't want it. Please
>don't turn this channel into a venue for the broadcast of promotions for
>things/ideas/causes/opinions that I did not request to be a part of.

Well written.  But please continue sharing valuable material, such
as this tidbit that you posted to hp3000-L a while ago:

I've just finished reading a very good treatise on the Federal Reserve,
"The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin.

There's a good story in there that I'll paraphrase here: There were some
ducks that visited a lake in the north country. The farmer liked the
ducks and so he fed them and provided shelters for them. They stopped
migrating. Then, the farmer died, and the entire duck population was
wiped out by the next hard winter.

Always interested in learning new things,

   _______________
  |            r  |  Alfredo                     [log in to unmask]
  |          e    |                           http://www.adager.com
  |        g      |  F. Alfredo Rego
  |      a        |  Manager, R & D Labs
  |    d          |  Adager Corporation
  |  A            |  Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000            U.S.A.