HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 3

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:07:13 -0600
Sorry Denys, one more post to this thread:

I agree %100, Gavin will be missed, and others also if the list
continues to go off on a tangent.

I know it's possible to create a 'Rule' from your email client to say
'Delete', or 'Move to (Some folder)' for all incoming mail where the
From Address contains 'RAVEN.UTC.EDU', and the Subject contains 'OT:'
Nobody likes rules, so we are losing the interest of some of the people
who have made the 3000-L such a great Listserv. I understand that many
of us on the list, are friends/enemies outside the list, and will carry
on that way on the list. Personally I enjoy hearing about so n so's
vacation, hobbies, or the insight on current events around the world,
and I do like witnessing a good argument from a distance. However, the
truth be told, many on this list (probably the majority) use this list
as a business tool to make inquiries about, and/or to harvest
information related to the 3k platform, that's why I joined this list
six or seven years ago. Maybe it's time for HP3000-OT-L listserv. So,
'OT' posts would be posted to [log in to unmask], and MPE/3k
related stuff would continue to be posted to [log in to unmask] as
always. I would join both Listserv's; or not. What do ya think Jeff?
Just thinking out loud. I hate to see anyone unsubscribe, who has
contributed so much to the 3000-L.

'Can't you make all the people happy all the time?'

Michael Anderson.

>>> Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]> 03/18/03 01:54PM >>>
Will this thread die already!       :)  (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Denys