HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 3

From:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:53:42 -0800
Curtis Larsen writes

Yep. I called DISC.  Official response: "We don't know."  It depends on
whether or not HP's JDBC support TPI.  I mean, one would THINK it does, one
would believe it SHOULD, but me -- I just don't know.  How about it?  Anyone
know for sure.

Taking a stab at it; since the JDBC driver does not talk to Image directly, but connects via an Image data base attached to Allbase, I would assume that it is Allbase that has to have the smarts to handle TPI.  Similar to an ODBC connection, you execute the SQL query and Allbase decides to use the TPI key or Image key or no key.  So if it works with ODBC, or in ISQL, it should work with JDBC.

Mike Berkowitz
Guess? Inc.