HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 3

From:
Bill Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:08:15 -0800
I sorta gave up on the Iraq issue here because (a) we are all pretty much
talking at each other rather than to, (b) it has so dominated the list for
weeks - months now? it seems anything HP related is a rare post

But it has been for the most part a civil discourse and I want to thank
everyone for keeping it so - and without any direct list admin admonitions -
the fact that it has been so civil testifies to both the intelligence and
good nature of all of you. We can agree to disagree and still be friends.

However, that being said, I heard on ABC new last night that a press pool
representing the world - from Hong Kong to Qatar (al Jazera) will be along
with the American and British Armies with satellite feeds and no censorship.
The only rules given is that for security they can't give units or
positions - which seem obvious to me.

Of course when they are in Baghdad I suspect most of that requirement will
be lifted.

There were a couple of reasons the US military allowed this but suffice it
to say the world should get a fairly unbiased view of Iraq and her people in
the coming weeks.

I suspect a lot will be revealed and I hope that we will be ready for a
chemical/biological attack that they supposedly don't have...

Bill