HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 2

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:16:11 -0500
TO Michael Baier -

Brice,
then you must also accept such comparisons.
Not my opinion but somebody's comparision.
Compare apples with apples and with fruit-salad.

What comparisons?  My objection was that Wirt is presuming he can tell
Tim what questinos to ask.  If he objection was that the question was
not relevant, then OK.  I object to that on the basis of it being based
upon Marxist principles.

Compare the two nations. How many nations has Iraq invaded under its
present leadership?

Answer: Two. First Iran, with the eager backing of the United States, which
supplied it with chemical and biological weapons (and now proposes to use
the same weapons to attack Iraq for using chemical and biological weapons
of mass destruction). Second, Kuwait, which was stealing Iraqi oil, and
anyway, the claim that it is a part of Iraq is legitimate; Kuwait, Iraq and
Saudi Arabia were all created arbitrarily by the oil companies (as was
Saudi Arabia).

Then, how many countries has America invaded and used weapons of mass
destruction against during the same time period.

Answer: Try 13. Grenada 1983, Lebanon 1983, 1984 (both Lebanese and Syrian
targets), Libya 1986, El Salvador 1980s, Nicaragua 1980s, Iran 1987, Panama
1989, Iraq 1991-2000, Somalia 1993, Bosnia 1994, 1995, Sudan 1998,
Afghanistan 1998, Yugoslavia 1999. (Thanks to William Blum, "Rogue State.")

It is not Iraq that has weapons of mass destruction and uses them against
its neighbors. It is the United States.

How many of those countries the USA invaded were left as the 51st state?
How about a US territory?  Did almost all the rest of the world
speak with one voice telling us to get out?  And then did we?  What about
Iraq?  Was Kuwait claimed as the 19th provence?  What you are doing is
equating cleaning out viper's nests with conquering another country.

The claim that Kuwait is part of Iraq is questionable, not 'legitimate'.
As I recall the UN defined the border between Iraq and Kuwait, not
the 'oil companies'.

Saudi Arabia was never part of Iraq, but was created due to diplomatic
efforts by the USA after WWI.

As far as WMD's used, I will not oppose you if you say our armed forces
used bug spray while they were there.  Any thing else, you will have to
convince me with more than just defining WMD to mean what you want it to
mean.