HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 2

From:
John Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:05:13 -0600
How many of these countries did we help rebuild after WWII?  Are they
counting that as aid?  How many of these countries have we forgiven the
debt of?  Is that counted?  Have they counted aid to rebuild Afghanistan?
Japan?  Germany? etc.  We could argue this forever...the methodology used
to compute the numbers in this study can be scrutinized a million different
ways.  But we all know in our hearts that the US is the most generous
nation on the planet.  We're not perfect, and I'm not certain we should go
beat up Iraq, but I do know that we are the most generous nation on earth.
And the money spent to be that is your's and mine, just as the money to
build our military is.

John Lee