HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 2

From:
Randy Medd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Medd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:48:59 -0800
All:

A reminder as to the status (and a little history) of freevt3k.

It is not now, and never has been, a product, either of ours (formerly
Telamon, now Vytek Wireless) or anyone else.  freevt3k (and xhpterm)
is the result of the collaboration of a loosely-knit (I'm being very
generous here) group of programmers (identified in various locations
in the source files), created in the distant, misty past (circa 1996.)
My name is included in the list, but my contribution was minor and
very much after most of the difficult work had already been done.
(Meaning, please don't ask me how the protocol or X interface works.
I did most of the porting to the various Unices, but not the major
design work.)

The archive is hosted on ftp.telamon.com, but the code isn't being
actively maintained or updated.  The source is located in latest.tar.Z
and/or latest.tar.gz, and pre-compiled versions are available for
those OS/platform combinations that we have access to here.

Support is not available, except through forums such as HP3000-L.
(There was once a FREEVT3K-L, but I don't know what became of it.)

--
Randy Medd