HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 2

From:
Jim Brust <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Brust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:25:00 -0600
        Try checking some of the reviews for these systems.  From the ones I have
read the general view was 'yuck', over kill, near worthless, and so on.  If
such systems are to be implemented and it appears that auto makers think 'we'
need them then it seems to me the very first thing the auto makers need to do
is ALL of them agree on a Standardize Interface.  Of course I would like to
see auto makers standardize a lot of things.  From how the dash instruments
are layed out, to where the auto is fueled.  Ever spent several very
embarrassing moments trying to find the gas cap?  Or turn off or on the
windshield wipers?
------------------( Forwarded letter 1 follows )---------------------