HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 2

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:00:19 -0800
Reuters
Airlines: Iraq War Could Cost 70,000 Jobs
Tuesday March 11, 6:26 pm ET
By John Crawley and Kathy Fieweger

WASHINGTON/CHICAGO (Reuters) - U.S. airlines could slash 70,000 more jobs and
annual losses would reach $10.7 billion if there is a war against Iraq, the
biggest domestic carriers said on Tuesday.
The Air Transport Association, which represents major airlines, released the
outlook in a report on industry finances and called again for government help
with fuel costs and relief from taxes.

Clearly, President Bush has more friends in the oil industry than the airline
industry.

Boy I would really hate being the President, when I am forced into making a
decision on what I feel was right, over what would be the popular (read
majority) decision.

-Craig