HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 2

From:
"Atwood, Tim (DVM)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Atwood, Tim (DVM)
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:46:10 -0800
Do you want to just LISTF or LISTFILE files that match the criteria? Or do
you want to do something with them? Or is your script/program being passed a
file name you need to check if it matches the criteria?

MPE easily lists files with exactly the format you have:
:LISTF IHOCS###

In a script you could easily write the file names out to a temp file and
process them.

And MPEX will also do exactly the same file set match criteria for just
about any MPEX command.

You can also get fancy with MPEX with something like:
MPEX
%REPEAT
<do something here>
%FORFILES IHOCS###

MPEX also has a MATCH function which you could use for all sorts of things.

So I think it depends on what you are trying to do...