HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 1

From:
Russ Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russ Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:41:35 -0800
Tracy, Denys, Duane, et al,

The DBCLOSE is mode 3.  The dataset name is correct (mostly).

There was one path through the program's logic that could change the name of
the dataset prior to calling DBCLOSE.  Adding a display prior to the call
and running a series of tests showed me how this was happening.  I have
added code to set the name of the dataset immediately prior to the DBCLOSE
call, and the problem has disappeared.  I usually do that anyway (Virgo that
I am), but this subroutine was written to access only that one dataset, and
has since been enhanced to include data from other datasets.  What was
initially not necessary, now is.

Thanks for all your help,
Rs~

Russ Smith
The opinions expressed in this email are mine, and are not meant to reflect
those of any other party.  The subject matter herein is intended solely for
the named recipient(s) of this email.  Spellcheck cancelled.  Your mileage
may vary.  Look both ways and hold hands when you cross the street.