UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Bonnie Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:32:19 -0500
Contact Kay Thompson at 648-9243 if interested.

TIME:   Our GED classes are Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6:00 -
7:15 p.m.

DATES:  Classes began February 10 and will continue throughout the year
during this pilot project.

PLACE:  Presently, we are located at 535 Chestnut St., Suite 207 - at
the corner of 6th and Chestnut, on the 2nd floor...
        We will move to the Cavalier Complex (Central and Bailey) in the
summer, if all goes as planned.

PAY:    We are paying stipends to our instructors: $75/wk. for certified
teachers and $40/wk. for un-certified. (Contract
          Labor)

CLASS:  The students will be here for six months and we have new
participants entering each week. The students in the GED
        classes will have scored 6th grade or higher on the TABE.

CSTCC agreed to give us a certified GED Instructor and materials to
serve this population. The Instructor was ready in January, before our
classes started, and Dr. Rickettes had to reassign her. To date he has
not found a replacement for her. Dr. Rickettes gave us some TABE Exams
that I administer. I have substituted for the GED Instructor to date,
and am not teacher material.

We actually need someone immediately (Thursday 2/27/03 @ 6 p.m.). Please
let me know what kind of hours your Student Teachers would need, or if a
certified Teacher is interested, that would work also. We are looking at
the reality of having to begin a day class in the near future which
would provide a GED class from 9:00 - 10:15 a.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays
and Thursdays for our participants that have 2nd shift jobs. Exactly
when that will start is not known yet.

Thank you for being concerned. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kay Thompson
Transformation Project
423-648-9243