UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Linda Hobart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Hobart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:08:36 -0500
Donna,

I applaud you for what you said here.  No one could have said it
better.. thank you.  When I watch the news, it makes me cry for all of
the innocent people who are and will be involved.. including our own
young men and women.  For the families who lost loved ones and children
and mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers on 9-11.  War is ugly..
and it's a shame it has to come to this..  but some things are worth
fighting for.  Our freedom to continue to live in peace and to have more
peace of mind is one of them.  We can't sit by and wait to see where
9-11 will happen again and how many more will die because we sat back
and did nothing to protect ourselves.  We can't sit back and be
perceived as "weak" by those who say and even boast that they have
nuclear capabilities pointed at us and are not afraid to use them.
Personally, I wouldn't want to live under a regime such as the one the
Iraqui people live under.  You're right..  most of those people don't
know anything better..  God help them.  I will be joining you and so
many others in praying for a speedy resolve to this.. and with as few
casualties as possible and will continue to support and pray for "OUR
President" (agree with everything he does and says or not.. he IS still
OUR President) .. it matters not to me who it is. I didn't vote for
Clinton either but I respect the office he held and prayed for him.  As
an American and our nation on the brink of a war.. I feel we all need to
bond together and stand united now. whether we agree with the reason or
the fact of whether we're at war or not. The facts are that we ARE at
war in a matter of hours.  To a troubled world and to those who would
love nothing better than to see us fall as a nation.  we need to show a
united and strong front. It is more beneficial to put our energies to
prayer than to sitting back and complaining.  Our men and women about to
face this situation in real living color need to know we are back here
holding them up in prayer and supporting THEM.  Let us not bring them
home the way our men and women came home from Viet Nam.  May not one of
them die on the battlefield thinking his life was for nothing.

And you know .. one other thing..  those who are over there acting as
human shields. do they really think the Iraquis respect them or thank
them for that?  They would be the first ones killed by those soldiers
and Saddam Hussein..  he views them as traitors to their own country.
If they were Iraquis and did what they're doing.  they'd be shot on the
spot. Just my humble opinion, but not apologizing for my views.

Donna Adams writes:
It would be wonderful to have peace without paying the price ........
Are we really so naive to think that doing nothing with these people in
the long run will achieve peace?

I will have to say there are many people on campus that feel the way I
do.  I have received notes from them----    personally, I feel the best
thing to do is to pray for peace, not protest, the best way to have
freedom is to defend ourselves - stand up for our men and women that are
undertaking that job - do the best we can and ask God to guide and
direct our President.  And use our common sense about things.  God Bless
America, God Bless Our President, and God Bless Our Campus.  Although we
all have different opinions about how to achieve this peace, (some, do
nothing, some fight for it) at least we can all agree that we want it.
God be with us during the next few days. Thanks