UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Donna Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:42:45 -0500
Concerning the letter which says "Dear Governor Bush"but addressed to
Washington, DC 3-18-03

There are times in our lives when we have to use a little common sense.  At
least our country is free where we can let off steam and not be punished.  I
saw a special on TV yesterday which showed how Saddam Hussein and his two
sons rapped girls then killed them, killed people with a horrible punishment
and did anything they wanted to with anyone they wanted. (punched out eyes,
including Americans etc.)  Thank God I do not live in that country.  Thank
God I also do not live in a country that is even on the border of that
country.  There are people on this campus today that were not born in this
country.  They are here now.  Why? They certainly don't have to be here.
They can have nice homes, jobs, cars, shop in nice store ---and live in
probably the best country there is.  Why?  Our men and women have fought
hard for the right to do that.  We have fought hard for the right for you to
go out with signs and protest - If I moved here from another country, I
would be kissing the ground instead of stomping on it. Thanking God everyday
for the advantages that I have to be living in this great land of ours.

Common sense tells us that the people in Iraq are hurting - but that is
their country and of course they love their country - they have never seen
how great  a country we have and how they could live with a different
leader -  They do not want war - Who Does Want War?  No one.  There is not
one doubt in my mind that our President does not want war - but he can see
down the road - to the future of what will happen if we do not stop some of
these men before they can absolutely blow us away.

I know that during war there are casualties.  That's a horrible thing, the
price for peace is a hard price to pay.  In the Clinton era - President
Clinton could have totally wiped out Hussein very easily, but he was so
engrossed at that time with the impeachment and the perils he had gotten
himself into that he had no time to think about it.  Yes, I am for Bush all
the way.  Why?  Because if we wait until Hussein has nuclear power - - it
would be a horrible thing for us then - And those people that think that
Hussein would not use nuclear weapons on us has their heads under the sand.
There are countries that do have nuclear power ---we have to walk lightly
around these countries - - I really don't see how we can wait much longer to
take this man down......

As far as I am concerned - this Michael Moore person sees a one sided view
and that seems to be dimly lit. - he probably didn't lose a mother or father
on 9-11 ----- we all want peace, we all want to live free, but to be free
and to have peace we have to use our common sense.  What would it take with
Hussein (and others like him) to achieve peace?    It would be wonderful to
have peace without paying the price ........  Are we really so naive to
think that doing nothing with these people in the long run will achieve
peace?

I will have to say there are many people on campus that feel the way I do.
I have received notes from them----    personally, I feel the best thing to
do is to pray for peace, not protest, the best way to have freedom is to
defend ourselves - stand up for our men and women that are undertaking that
job - do the best we can and ask God to guide and direct our President.  And
use our common sense about things.  God Bless America, God Bless Our
President, and God Bless Our Campus.  Although we all have different
opinions about how to achieve this peace, (some, do nothing, some fight for
it) at least we can all agree that we want it.  God be with us during the
next few days.
Thanks