SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2003

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:13:13 +1100
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:03:06 -0500, Michael Doelle wrote:
(snip)
>Ohh, and I'm VERRRRRY excited about the Oz trip. Emirates is still flying,
>only the Kuweit flights have been suspended so far.

Mate!  Forgive me for being so quiet, but we're looking forward to welcoming
you to Oz with equal excitement!  :-)))

Apart from a dive at the "Wembley of Diving" (copyright: Huw Porter<bwg>) on
the Sunday morning, followed by the obligatory  BBQ at "Strike's Reef",
(Julian, Poe, Alan and Ralf, please make a note in your diaries for Sunday,
6th April), I guess you might want to have a look at some of the other dive
sites around Sydney?  Plus the conducted tour of places of interest -
including, of course, the 'Stinky Drain', (The 'Steyne' pub) at Manly and a
beer or three with Tricky and me! :-)

Last week at Shelly was magnificent: Fiddler rays; seadragons, flocks of
stingarees; Giant cuttlefish; hunting octopus; banded and spotted
wobbbegongs, (I can't answer for anyone else, but their recent reputation
has producedy a scrotum shrivelling effect on me!<bwg>) seapens;
flutemouths; damsels; seapike; roughies; gobies; hula fish; pomfrets; squid,
etc. etc. :-))))

(The temperature, by the way, has been 22 deg. C. - not quite like a spa,
but almost!)  :-)

Anyway!  let me know your diving requirements - trimix; nitrox; air:
Interests - wrecks, reefs, etc. and I'll start the ball rolling.  :-)

Sylvia sends her love and says she's looking forward to seeing you again -
she also said that if the water temperature's less than 25 deg. C. then, "I
can whistle Dixie",  as far as seeing her in the water on that Sunday! :-)

Sssppheeeww ... Sssppheeeww... Sssppheeeww ... Sssppheeewwua... spheeeww ...
(Bugger it!  Sylvia, won't be diving! But she will be cooking!)  :-))))

Strike