SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2003

From:
Dave DeBarger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 15:49:10 -0500
All --

A combination of personal and professional "crunch" periods have
prevented me from keeping up with my daily Scuba-SE fix for many months,
so I am completely out of the loop with respect to recent discussions on
the list.   As I have not been keeping up with the list recently, I
apologize if this topic has been discussed to death here.

I am hoping to put together a diving vacation with a selected group of
friends along the coast of Cuba.  We have no intention of violating US
law, and are already exploring the possibility of obtaining official
permission to visit Cuba on an educational project.  On the other hand,
I understand that several dive operators out of the Keys, Mexico, and/or
the neighboring islands are now running trips in Cuban waters that do
not require Uncle Sam's permission.  Does anyone have experiences diving
Cuban waters that they would care to share?  Any recommendations for
dive operators, or any ones to watch out for?  Any tips based upon
experience to ensure a stress-free trip?

 I would welcome any references to particular spots in the archives
(didn't find anything in DejaNews) where I can continue my research.
I've been dry since October, and I really need a nitrogen burst!

Please reply sender, unless your information would be of interest to the
group.

TIA, and dive safe,
-Dave

--
Dave DeBarger

"Attitude is everything.  Pick a good one!"