SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2003

From:
Huw Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 04:44:55 -0500
On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:14:31 +0000, Andy M Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>I went on Sat (briefly), and I'm so proud, I managed not to buy a single
>>thing!
>Ah, still not spending any money then?

The only thing I was really tempted by was a HID canister light.  And I've
managed to decide to be a good boy and actually save the money before
spending it... :-)

>>Given how much screening and aptitude testing the military do before a
>>diver is allowed near anything as complex as, say, Nitrox, allowing any
>>old moron to buy a CCR and do a course has to be a mistake.>

>Hmmm, interesting point of view!

"It beeped at me to tell me 'NO DIVE', so I banged the handset on the rail
til it stopped beeping then did the dive anyway."  Oh, and died.

"Despite being repeatedly told during the course that I was a beginner
again, my third dive on the unit was a 70m trimix dive."  Oh, and died.

I mean, really!

>>A damn good colour to be visible to your buddies, particularly in deep
>>dark silt. :-)>

>Perhaps someone should paint the Hood in this colour, just for your buddies
>:-)

Y'know, I'm not sure that even draining away the water and allowing them to
walk to it would help!

Cheers,
Huw
--