SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2003

From:
Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:06:24 -0500
Bjoern wrote:

>Your a and b below represent a misunderstanding of what I said in my first
post. A) was in an IF/THEN context and I still believe it to be true in
that
context. B) was never worded to imply that the world is that black & white,
but now that you mention it... ;-)<

Acshully, a) is a possibility, just not in the sense of anything the GER
gummint condoned. A lot of guys like Schaab (misspelled him as Schwab
earlier) got relatively light sentences. New information may result in new
trials in their cases.

GER export regulations are fairly strict where weapons are concerned, which
is why the Saudis never got German tanks. However, business being business,
the mighty buck rules for a lot of people. Hope they get nailed, if they
get caught.