SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2003

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:11:15 +1100
On  Sunday, March 23, 2003 1:25 AM, Michael Doelle wrote:

(snip)
> Here are my flight details:
> Arrive SIN on APR 03 at 19:35 - EK410
> Arrive SYD on APR 05 at 06:05 - EK 410

Mate!  I love the 24-hour clock!  I'll *probably* be there to meet you
clutching a large airport polystyrene cup of coffee - mine!  and one for you
if you feel that it's necessary! :-)

> Looks like that'll work, Emirates has even resumed service to Kuweit
today.

My mate, Bruce - wot worked for 11 years as the Sultan of Oman's Clearance
Diving Officer, when he left the RAN - reckons that that should be, Kuwait!
(Mind you, Bruce is the same guy who claims to have been instrumental in
inventing the purge button in the world's first, commercially produced,
single hose regulator!) :-)))

> >Apart from a dive at the "Wembley of Diving" (copyright: Huw Porter<bwg>)
> on
> the Sunday morning,

My only visit to Wembley was watching the international Rugby Union matches
there.  As far as i could make out it was a place where the Welsh planted
leeks in the hallowed ground!  :-)

(snip)
> But it will be a great pleasure to dive the 'other' Wembley.

I should bloody well hope so!  :-))))

> >Anyway!  let me know your diving requirements - trimix; nitrox; air:
> Interests - wrecks, reefs, etc. and I'll start the ball rolling.  :-)<

> I'll be happy with reefs and fishies, so Nitrox will be fine. More
> important: steel tanks available?

And aluminium!  :-)

> >Sylvia sends her love and says she's looking forward to seeing you
again -
> she also said that if the water temperature's less than 25 deg. C. then,
"I
> can whistle Dixie",  as far as seeing her in the water on that Sunday!
:-)<

> Looking forward to it!!! Throw another roo on the barbie. Love that meat.

Where else in the world do you get to eat the critters that appear on the
Nation's Coat of Arms?  The 'roo; the prawns; the beer .. and the
Phyco-Plonk .. are already waiting for you!  :-)))

And after Sydney, Viv's waiting to greet you on the other side of the
island! :-)

As for the war in EE-Rock, (I love those journalists!) the Clearance Divers
talked about in Nekton (www.e-nekton.com) have just been deployed.  :-))))))

You take care and have a safe trip.  Also make sure to have at least one Dry
Martini for me when you visit Raffles Hotel!  (Ah!  To think that I was once
a regular guest there!)  :-)

Also be sure to look across the road at what is now the Singapre Armed
Forces Club.  Once upon a time, in an era long. long ago, I used to fall out
of that door and get into - and cause - all sorts of trouble!!!! :-)))

Lok forward to seeing you.  Take care.

Strike