HP3000-L Archives

February 2003, Week 4

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:41:59 -0800
Kevin asks:
> I'm finally getting around to gcc/g++.
>
> Can I get a compile listing with variable mappings and structure offsets?
> I wish to verify the alignment of my structures.

I'm not aware of any options that will do this.  The Gnu compilers aren't
big on producing output from the compilers the way HP compilers have been.

The -g option will embed all of the information about types and whatnot into
the object file, but you would then need a debugger that knows about this
information to get at it, and I don't think Mark has been able to get gdb
fully working on MPE due to MPE kernel limitations.  It might be possible to
produce a version of gdb that could be used for the purpose of statically
looking at the -g information if that would be useful.

G.