HP3000-L Archives

February 2003, Week 3

From:
John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:33:39 +1100
Geag/Lars,
We have only One Melbourne here, city of 2m+, in a state of ~4-4.5m. To get
150,000 people out is big turn out, about the same as final football game of
a season. We used to have a football ground that held 140,000, but its now
down to 115,000 or so as much of the standing room was converted to seating.

Where was the biggest audience ever to watch a Baseball game? Melbourne,
1956 Olympics demo game, in this arena, Melb Cricket Ground, I am told.
jp