HP3000-L Archives

February 2003, Week 3

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:01:17 -0800
The HSC SCSI cards are not supported by MPE.  The only HSC device supported
is the upper bus converter that is used to drive the PB expansion cage.  I
visited the CSY headquarters in Cupertino for an "executive briefing" back
in 1998 or 1999, and asked the people there when MPE would support the HSC
FW/D SCSI cards which were available on the equivalent 9000's at the time.
The answer I got was "never".  They were already planning the move to the
PSI bus, and had made the decision not to support the HSC cards on MPE.