HP3000-L Archives

February 2003, Week 3

From:
David Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:28:46 -0800
We use in-house Cobol programs called 'dumpdb' & 'filldb', which work a lot
like the old Fortran 'disk2db' & 'db2disk.

They work on 7.0, and on classics used to be slightly faster than the
Fortran programs, but they would need a bit of cleaning up before you could
put them into production (lots of company-specific stuff, commented-out
speed-up tricks that worked on classic MPE but broke on MPE/XL, limitation
of 99 sets per DB, etc).

Can send you copies if you want.

Dave ('how could I stand the shock of moving to another OS & DB where I
don't know how to do this stuff') Powell