HP3000-L Archives

February 2003, Week 3

From:
Bruce Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:28:54 -0500
Richard Barker wrote:
> I don't think anyone, outside of the US, wants America to be the world's
>police force.  I certainly don't want the US dictating to any country it
>feels like, it's particular version of justice.  It seems to me that a few
>listees, want America to be given the right to do whatever it chooses
>without being questioned or asked to explain itself.  Basically a world
>Dictator.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. American's seem to think that
other countries should be grateful for their policing efforts, and don't
realize that other countries might view this as interference when it is done
unilaterally.

> I personally would like to see a body replace the UN, which is formed by
all
> countries that operate a democracy.  The role of this council should be to
> pressure all countries of the world to adopt a democracy.  This, of
course,
> would truly allow the people to select the appropriate leader.

In this case, I disagree. I would also consider pressuring countries to
adopt democracy as interference.