HP3000-L Archives

February 2003, Week 3

From:
Tom Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:53:23 -0800
On Tuesday 18 February 2003 9:16 am, Paul wrote:
>  There are as many if not more off-topic posts in here as there are
> on-topic.
>
> Is everyone losing interest in the HP3000 despite all the rhetoric to
> the contrary?

I don't think so.  "right now", however, I personally don't give a hoot about
the war/peace and related sub-topic "discussion"  [I'm one of the
head-buried-in-the-sand/it-wont-affect-me types] so, like Mike, I'm "pressing
delete" [actually, just skipping to the next unread message, which amounts to
the same thing]

Eventually, one or more things will happen:

   ** war really will break out; be officially announced, or whatever.  Those
that were worried about this will either shut up or become more vocal,
depending on what their fears were.

   ** peace will really happen; see above but change the pro/an-tagonists

   ** HP will finally release the core of MPE to the world, then we'll have
something purely "on topic" to discuss

   ** somebody will hire me for an HP position, and I'll have to deluge the
list with those annoying "newbie" posts about things I've finally forgotten
;)

   ** somebody will hire me for a non-HP position, and my responses to posts
that really have to do with the HP will become less and less accurate as I
forget more [or worse, learn more about the non-HP "system" I'll be working
on, thus I'll be expounding on the virtues of THAT system insead ;) ]
--
Yet another Blog: http://osnut.homelinux.net