HP3000-L Archives

February 2003, Week 1

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:26:48 -0800
Wirt writes:
> If you're interested in participating, a new "seti@home"-like project has
> begun today, but this time to develop new drugs to potentially combat
> smallpox. For more information, see:
>
>      http://www.grid.org/

Probably a worthy project, but I think this may primarily be an attempt by
United Devices to recruit more nodes for their commercial grid computing
service.  Once you download their client, your computer is for sale to the
highest bidder:

   http://www.ud.com/solutions/mp_global.htm

But maybe I'm just being extra skeptical today.

G.