HP3000-L Archives

February 2003, Week 1

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:43:55 -0600
At 08:40 AM 2/4/2003, Rao, Raghu wrote:
>I have a DETAIL dataset (with 26 fields in it) which has its 4 key items
>associated with Automatic Masters. I would like to add 5th item from this
>dataset also to be associated with another new Automatic Master (or may be
>Manual Master). How do I accomplish this ? What do I have to do get this
>done ?

This is a fairly easy task with either of the 3rd party tools (DBGeneral,
Adager or
Flexibase).  The steps involved would be specific to the particular tool
you may
have.  If you're unsure of what steps are involved, contact the vendor's
support
group for assistance.

>Does redefining the field into Key item associated with Automatic Master
>automatically add all those entries into the Master ?

The same 3rd party tools I've mentioned easily and will automatically
accomplish
this task when you add the path.

<plug-on>

If you don't have any of these tools and would be interested in obtaining a
demo
of DBGeneral to help you make these changes let me know.  I'll have a member
of our technical support team work with you to get you a copy of our tool and
then guide you through making these changes.)

</plug>