UTCSTAFF Archives

February 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Danny Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Danny Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:53:09 -0500
Please see the enclosed memorandum of Tennessee state employee exemption
from the professional privilege tax. If you are a full-time Tennessee state
employee licensed in a profession that is subject to this tax, please
furnish the requested information and return this document, by email, to the
address shown in the memorandum, to document your qualification for
exemption. If you are not a full-time employee of the State of Tennessee,
please disregard this mailing.

To complete the form, you should save the word document to your computer,
provide the information requested, save the document, then send it by return
email prior to the March 15, 2003 suspense date.

Thank you.

Taxpayer Services Division
Department of Revenue

STATE OF TENNESSEE
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
ANDREW JACKSON STATE OFFICE BUILDING
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 37242

Memorandum

TO:             Employees of the State of Tennessee
SUBJECT:        2002 Professional Privilege Tax Exemption
DATE:           February 5, 2003

Chapter 856, Public Acts of 2002, exempted state employees and increased the
professional privilege tax to four hundred dollars annually.

Persons with active licenses in the following professions are subject to the
professional privilege tax: lobbyists; agents, broker-dealers, and
investment advisors under Title 48, Chapter 2; accountants; architects;
brokers under Title 62; engineers; landscape architects; audiologists;
chiropractors; dentists; optometrists; osteopathic physicians; pharmacists;
physicians; podiatrists; psychologists; speech pathologists; veterinarians;
attorneys; and sports agents under Title 49, Chapter 7.

If you are a state employee that is subject to the professional privilege
tax, or have previously been required to pay the annual professional
privilege tax, please complete the bottom section of this memorandum and
return it by     E-mail to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, of the Department of Revenue, on or
before March 15, 2003. If you are licensed under more than one of the listed
professions, indicate all that apply. Upon receiving your response, the
Department will code your account appropriately, so that you will not be
identified as delinquent.

If you do not return the notification as directed, you will receive a
delinquent notice for the professional privilege tax. We have no way of
knowing that you are a state employee unless you tell us. Failure to return
this notification will result in the unnecessary expenditure of state
postage funds. Please help us prevent that by returning the notification as
requested.

NOTE: Should you leave the full-time service of the state government, you
are responsible for notifying the Department of Revenue of that fact. At
that time, you will again incur responsibility for payment of the annual
professional privilege tax.

****************
I certify that I am a full-time employee of the State of Tennessee and not
subject to the Professional Privilege Tax. Should I leave full-time state
employment, I will notify the Department of Revenue immediately, and I will
again be responsible for payment of the Professional Privilege Tax:

Employee's Full Name:

Home Address (City, State, Zip):

State Agency:

Type profession: ________________________________ License Number:

Type profession: ________________________________ License Number:

Return this form by E-mail, by March 15, 2003 to Tennessee Department of
Revenue. If you have fellow employees without access to E-mail, please share
a copy of this notification with them.