SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 00:20:13 -0500
On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 23:30:51 -0500, Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Christian Gerzner wrote:
>
>> >  Excellent dissection and summary, and the "carefully crafted" part
>> >  captures succinctly the form and substance of Lee's "obfuscation".
>>
>> Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
>
>Don't let it bother you Christian.  It's called an ad hominem attack.

Lee has not yet learned the meaning of an "ad hominem" attack,
which is attacking a PERSON, rather than the SUBSTANCE of what that
person had to say.

In the two lines in questino, I was primarily COMPLIMENTING Ken Smith
for his excellent analysis, and if there was any "attack", it was
on the SUBSTANCE of what Lee wrote, a piece of carefully crafted
obfuscation.  If the SAME style and substance had been written by
anyone else but Lee, I would have said EXACTLY the same thing --
hence there is nothing "ad hominem" about Lee Bell in the analysis.

>You'll note that Bob added absolutely nothing of his own, contributed
>nothing to the topic, simply attacked another.

THAT is a GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He somehow knew I "contributed nothing to the topic" when he immediately
turned around and noted that he blocked everything I wrote EXCEPT those
he read second hand from Christian!

>Funny thing is, if you had not responded, I'd never have known and,
>knowing, don't particularly care.

The REALLY funny thing was how Lee could have known I contributed
nothing when he didn't read anything I posted!

Not too smart Lee.

Lee must have read what I posted in rec.scuba today.   :-))))))
(He is supposed to have kill-filed me there too).

What I said (actually advice given to someone to follow Lee's foot
step and kill file me) because that gnat kept popping in my
conversation and inject some impertinent remarks.  This is what
I said,

> Better still, you can do one BETTER than Lee -- put me on your kill
> file, like he does, or says he does;  but DON'T spend 24/7 like he
> does, looking for every opportunity on everyone else's comment about
> snippets of my posts, as an excuse to pull his ugly head out of the
> sand, brag about the fact that I am on his "blocked list"

What did I tell ya?   That's exactly what Lee was doing on Christian's
post.

>                                                           (as if
> that's an accomplishment on his part), how much easier and better his
> life became as a result (while he is bursting with frustration to
> find such opportunities and excuses to make such frivolous posts),
> and THEN proceed to make an ass of himself all over again.

I slipped.  Lee forgot to mention how much "easier and better his
life became this time".   HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha.

>Lee

I LOVE it.  To see how Lee can spend his entire life WAITING for an
opportunity (just like Ron Lee spent his entire life waiting for me
to mention "Aldora"!  :-)) to tell everyone that he kill-filed me,
could not read a single word I wrote (except through what others
clipped what I posted -- and invariably someone who attempted to
FLAME me -- the worst kind to count on reading the SUBSTANCE of what
I have to say,  and then proceeded to shoot his own foot by make
statements like "he has contributed nothing to the topic".

I can now have a ready reference, using Lee as an example, to advise
IDIOTS to put me on their killfile/"block list" while advising them
NOT to do as Lee does, in reading what I write second-hand, always
out of context, and always distorted.

My advisee replied,

"I will do as you suggest and start a killfile on the new computer.
Always glad to be helpful."

That makes the THIRD person known to have said they'll put me on
a killfile.  But Lee and Chuck are teh only ones hwo BRAG about
it though.  :-)

Hey, Christian, why don't you put me BACK into your killfile.  Then I
can say you're the FOURTH member of this celebrated killfile Team! :-)

-- Bob.