SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:46:47 -0500
On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 17:23:31 +1100, Christian Gerzner
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

CG >I don't believe I assumed anything at all.

CG  > Now, I haven't tried that out and I can immediately think of one
CG  > situation where this might not be the case, but if the legs are
CG  > kept parallel I believe, speaking theoretically, the dolphin kick
CG  > will make you turn relatively sharply.

Lee > Here's your first mistaken assumption.  Why would you keep your legs
Lee > parralel.

CG >Would you care to re-read my statement above a little more carefully?
CG >It really says it all.

This was the ENTIRE background I clipped for my comment.  The only
statement in question was those FOUR LINES above that you asked Lee
to re-read carefully.

This was what *I* wrote,

>> Christian, your statement really says it all:
>>
>> "I haven't tried that out" and "speaking theoretically".

Meaning, you haven't tried crossing your legs (in the context of
Lee's comment) OR the dolphin kick, and you were "speaking
theoretically" that the dolphinn kick will make you turn ...

>> You were ASSUMING things and SPECULATING.

And THAT's why I said you were ASSUMING (not having tried), and
SPECULATING (speaking theoretically), both directed directly to
your statement in question.

The reason your statement "really says it all" is that without
ANY actual FACTS of basis, you were "talking through your hat"
on the entire issue.  So, whatever ELSE you said were

          ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT

Do you understand what "talking through your hat" mean?

>Feesh, Feesh, Feesh,
>
>You are doing your usual distortion act. Properly read what what I said.

Before discussing anything else, why don't point out exactly how
I mis-read what you said?

>That is all I have to say on that particular subject.

Apparently NOT.

This was my RELEVANT comment regarding your posting on the subject
not having tried any out but speculating "theoretically" about what
might happen:

>> *I* KNOW for a fact that one doss not swim in circles with one fin,
>> (provided it's done properly with a dolphin kick or something
>> similar to a dolphin kick".  I TRIED it out, many times, and have
>> so reported in previous posts, including a recent one in reply to
>> Julian.
>
>Well, bully for you Bob, ain't you just the one!
>
>Christian

Reading this thread, I see you're back to your old self of MISREADING
what others have to say, making snide remarks about what substance
OTHERS have to say, had nothing better to say to Strike than
correcting his OBVIOUS typo of "affect" for "effect", and showed
nothing but your general, as well as specific, IGNORANCE about the
subject of diving with one fin, or "One Finned Divers".

-- Bob.