SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2003

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:27:23 +1100
On Saturday, February 22, 2003 7:07 AM, Brad wrote:

(snip)
> But whatever the reason, I plan to buy a video camera and housing,
probably
> the Sony trv-950, and Ikelite housing. If there are any opinions out
there,
> I'd appreciate thoughts on my choice. For example, would it be an
advantage
> or disadvantage to have three CCDs? In the often monochromatic situations
> found underwater, one CCD would handle this better. But, video lights used
> with a three CCD camera would give better results. Also, has anybody used
> Ikelite and Light and Motion housings for video cameras, and would be able
> to make a comparison on how well they handled?

G'Day, Brad.  I can only comment on the Light & Motion video light that
Janet has - and uses with the digital still camera.  It's very, very compact
and lightweight and is perfectly suited for macro work with stills.  I don't
know, however, whether you might benefit by a larger, more powerful light
source for video.  (That my tuppence worth!)  :-))

Strike