SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2003

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:34:34 +1100
On Friday, February 21, 2003 10:08 AM, Lee Bell wrote:

(snip)
> > Some fins - regardless of the diver's skill and ability to adapt their
> > finniing technique - are ill-suited to certain types of conditions or
> > kicking styles.  Face-down on the surface (as when snorkelling or
swimming
> > back to a boat), for example, or frog-kicks?  :-)

> I'm inclined to agree.  Personally, I can't stand Jet fins or, for that
> matter, any vented fin.

Lee!!!! Go wash your mouth out with soap and water.  :-))))))

Them they Jetfins are the finest fing's wot divers kood ever have on their
feet!  'Sides which, they're so heavy that when you whack a person around
the back of the head with one they, (the person) suddenly come around to
whatever point of view you - the thumpee - has on life, or the world view!
:-)))

Having said that, they're not the nicest looking of things but they just
keep on keeping on.  (I've switched back to a pair that I've had for nigh on
thirty years and the bloody things won't wear out!  And even when they do,
I've got two or three more back up pairs!!)  :-)))

Strike

 They simply do not work right for me.  They