SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:25:02 -0500
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:04:13 -0800, David Hale <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>As you can see from the link that Huw has provided,
>the past week has seen the eruption of a nasty flame
>war with Capt. JT out of Virginia Beach. I told JT
>that he had reached the highest level of techdiver
>e-mail list achievement as he has now been faked!
>(Somebody got a free e-mail account and sent in posts
>purporting to be from him.)

Is that what Huw meant by the noise-to-signal ratio "improving"?  :-)))

>That has been amusing as the fake posts are almost
>always vastly more entertaining than the real ones!

I wonder why.   :-)

BTW, I read the thread (and responded to) in rec.travel.air about
Da Parrot-chick, because he was in rec.scuba (who can forget such
a name?  :-)) flaming me about not knowing anything about airline
baggage rules whe HE was the one who didn't know.  THEN, when he
posted elsewhere that he had nothing to hide, and as soon as the
name Skip Eliott Bowman popped out, I knew who he was, from having
seen that name in rec.scuba groups for years, though never read
much of what he posted.

So, he has now earned the label of a "hypocrite" from a follow-up
to my post in rec.travel.air,

*> BWAHAHAAA. this is the same Skippy Chick who runs around Usenet
*> preaching AGAINST foul language?
*>
*> Hypocrite Supreme.

from what he said about me and another poster in rec.scuba,

>You're both a coupla dweebs.  I've been a member of both groups since
>1997(since I started working as a ramp agent at a midsize USA airport).
>I used to be on rec.scuba but the constant showers of pee from tiny
>dicks pissing from great heights on anybody trying to be reasonable
>reminded me too much of AM radio talk show hacks.

NO!  He is NOT Lee Bell.  I know that for a fact, though the may
share the same label.  :-)

-- Bob.