SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2003

From:
Fred Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:28:27 -0500
On 2/14/03 1:09 pm, "Lee Bell" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> I have just signed up to this list yesterday and thought it polite to
>> introduce myself.  I have just moved to Sarasota from the UK. I've been
>> SCUBA diving for about two years and am totally adicted to the sport.
> Before
>> moving I was usually diving most weekends in the cold waters off southern
>> England. I've also been on diving vacations in Bonaire, St Lucia and
>> Antigua. I hope this list is the right place to meet other divers from
> this
>> part of the world.
>> Regards, Fred Brown
>
> Welcome to Scuba SE, Fred.  You'll meet divers from all over the world here,
> but as far as I know, only one of us, other than you, is from Florida.  I'm
> in the Ft. Lauderdale area.
>
> It's really a shame I didn't get to talk to you before you moved here.  I
> could have helped you keep from moving to the wrong side of the state.  Oh
> well, it's not all that far to the Atlantic.
>
> Lee

Thanks Lee, for you welcome. Our decision to move to the gulf coast had more
to do with family matters (I have an aging aunt who lives in Clearwater)
than diving. And as I'm used to having to drive three or four hours for
decent diving I'm not too upset!

I hope we can get together in the not-too-distant future. I'd really like to
take a look at the reefs on the east coast that I've read so much about.

Cheers!

Fred