SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2003

From:
Christian Gerzner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:04:24 +1100
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:27:08 -0500, Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Forgive me if I am drawing the wrong inference from this statement,
> but am I mistaken to think, based on this, and the fact that the
> THIEF and BASTARD that stole your material was published in a German
> magazine, and German is Christian's native language (which is STILL
> no excuse that he can't read English properly <BG>), that this
> dispicable bastard may be related to Christian, and perhaps is
> Christian himself?

For the record:

My spoken German is, well, reasonable and I'm rather proud of that
given that I haven't spoken it consistently for well over fifty years now.

My written German is execrable.

I, once only, subscribed to a German SCUBA diving magazine, heavily,
almost totally, biased towards photography. I have every copy of it and
it sadly died in the mid nineties. It was the first of the print media
to advise of the production of the Nikonos RS AF, a camera system I
used to have, the first and only Single Lens Reflex System Camera, to
this day, to have its own housing and proper lenses that didn't
require a port. It was hugely expensive and, quite possibly, a flirtation
by Nikon, since they decided not to support it not many years later.
Me? I thought, just like the Nik V, it would see out my diving days.

But I digress.

I have never written in German, indeed I can't remember the last time
I actually WROTE in German, with the intent that it would be
published.

To my knowledge, nothing that I have ever written has been published
in German language print media, of whatever persuasion.

To my knowledge, the only (SCUBA) stuff I have ever written which HAS
been published was on Australian print media, and that many years ago.
Other stuff has been published locally - but not on SCUBA related matters.

Christian