SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2003

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:41:03 +1100
My e-mail server's been acting up and - on checking the archives - I seem to
be missing a number of previous posts!  But ...
On Friday, February 14, 2003 9:14 AM, Julian wrote:

> You give me far to much credit - which only piles on the pressure for next
> time !

Of course it does!  (But it does seem to produce good resulys, doesn't it?)
:-))))

> ...and as I hate to take all the credit.....
>  it was actually Meg who found the second weedfish, in fact she thought
she
> saw a third one, but it scuttled of into the kelp before she could be
sure.

> ...and don't forget Strike .... you found a 'Cerberilla affinis
Aeolidiidae'
> after telling Pete and Meg all about them on the beach - something we have
> not seen for months.

I was going to mention that - but I forgot how to spell it!  :-)

> As of the numbray , perhaps we should have let someone touch it - just for
> kicks!

You're right!  But as you weren't about to touch it and I certainly wouldn't
want to, that only left Meg and Pete.  Now Pete looked big enough to
administer a worse beating than the numbray - had we managed to convince him
to give it a tickle - and Meg would never have talked to us again.  (Plus,
of course, the fact that her partner, Tim, is bigger than you and me
combined and might live up to his job description of, "Liquidator"!)  :-))

BTW!  Adrian's put up some images on the Nekton Photo Gallery.
(www.e-nekton.com )  I persuaded him to include one of mine of the friendly
blue Grouper, but take a look at Poe's images.  There are some nice ones
there.  :-)

Strike