SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2003

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:02:24 -0500
David Strike wrote:

> Needless to say, at present I'm feeling rather sensitive about having my
> livlihood threatened and it brought back one or two memories of previous
> incidents!  :-))

I'm not sure what Christian's post to Bob, which is where I saw your
response, had to do with depriving you of your income, but  I clearly
remember the Asian Diver problem.  I presume research proved them to be
correct relative to the cost of legal action.

I have a rather interesting idea.  I think we need to start a David Strike
Anti-Plagarism Defense fund.  Each person who participates should contribute
a multiple of the exact amount of a one year subscription to Asian diver.
I'll set up the account, record donations and report progress back to the
list.  When we have enough, I'll forward funds to the attorney of Strike's
choice.  I'll also contribute the cost of a one year subscription along with
the first contribution from another list member.  I'm sure Strike can come
up with a catch letter saying something like "I was going to subscribe to
your magazine for X years (whatever multiple of the annual subscription is
contributed), but upon hearing about your theft of intellectual property,
chose to contribute my $XX to the David Strike Anti-Plagarism Defense fund
instead.   You'll be hearing from our attorneys."

Lee