HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 5

From:
Cary White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cary White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:46:34 -0800
Hi All,

My system (a 979-400) locked up this morning and when I tried to reboot it,
I got the following error:

LLIO Error - subsys:213, proc_num -49, error_num: -28
for path 10/4/24.10.0

LLIO Device Configuration Error: -11
status - subsys:#150 info: # -11

The system will boot but won't mount one of my drives.  The drive seems to
spin up ok, however, it doesn't show on any utilities (DSTAT, DISCUTIL,
etc.)  On the intial reboot, while autosearch was searching for boot paths,
I got another error when I cancelled the search but it went by too fast for
me to write it down and I haven't seen it again.  I don't know what the
error type or number was, but I am sure that it said "replace SCSI
controller."    I looked up the error codes in the above error in my error
message manual under the Low Level I/O section and

 -11 is

A bad hardware address was detected for a BIND or DO_BIND request.

-28 is

The I/O MANAGER must be locked for this request and it is not.

Neither of these make any sense to me.  Am I looking at a failed drive here?
Is there something I can do to confirm that I need to reload.  The system
will boot but no UDC's are loaded.  It does seem to mount my
MPEXL_SYSTEM_VLOUME_SET, which is the only set, but how can it when there is
one drive not reporting in?  I get a bunch of UFID errors and some of my
startup procedures won't work because of the UDC problem.

I have a current SLT, Full System Backup and last night's database backup
in-hand.  However, I am not very familiar with the process.  I looked in the
System Software Maintenance Manual and I'm confused as to which checklist to
follow.  There is one that talks about re-installing with a CSLT made using
AUTOINST.  However, that is not how I made my SLT.  What is the difference
between a CSTL and an SLT?

Cary