HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 4

From:
Dennis Hassell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Hassell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:08:39 -0500
Refer to Allbase/SQL DBA Guide, pp3-28 ff - there are some formulae
about estimating the Control Block Buffer Pages. It involves estimation
of locks held - table, page, and row level. The range is 17 to 2,000
pages, with 37 as the default. PUBLIC vs. PUBLICROW declarations reduces
the need for Control Block Pages, if you don't really need row level
locking.

Hope that helps.

Dennis Hassell
(941) 750-9917 - home/work