HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 3

From:
Steve Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:22:36 -0500
Hello!

My name is Steve Thomas and I'm a technical recruiter with the Sally Silver
Co. in the Boston Suburbs.  We specialize in contract and permanent
placement of software and IT professionals throughout Metro Boston.  In my
search, I came across this listserv, and I thought I'd make a post and see
if anyone was interested in the opportunity I'm working on.

Our client, a startup in the Boston Suburbs/495 area is seeking a Senior
Systems Engineer to conduct pre- and post-sales field engineering work with
customer using their tape storage management applications.  This specific
role entails working with their product that will integrate HP3000 MPE
applications to unix/windows/linux based applications in a storage
environment.

Qualified Candidates will have the following background:

1.  Extensive track record working with HP3000 and MPE, at both systems and
applications levels.
2.  Experience with and knowledge of ESCON.
3.  Skilled in Unix and/or Windows
4.  Considerable experience in post-sales field consulting and top tier
customer support.

This position requires as much as 50% travel throughout North America.

Relocation may be available for the ideal candidate.

A second, similar role is available for those with OS/390 experience.

Interested parties should contact me directly via email at

I look forward to talking with you!

Steve Thomas
Technical Recruiter
Sally Silver Co.